- Bring Water to a boil
- Stir in rice and salt. Reduce heat, cover & let simmer for 15 minutes
For Best Results: For fluffy rice, use less water. For sticky rice, use more water.
Note: Medium Grain Rice will cook a little stickier that Long Grain Rice.
How To Prepare Brown Rice
To 2¼ cups boiling water add 1 tablespoon butter and ½ teaspoon salt (if desired). Pour in 1 cup Doguet’s Brown Rice and reduce to low heat. Simmer in covered pan for 30-40 minutes.
- Measure the amounts of rice and liquid.
- Time accurately.
- Keep lid on tightly during cooking to prevent steam from escaping.
- If rice is not quite tender or if liquid is not absorbed, cook 2 to 4 minutes longer.
- If cooked rice is crunchy, add additional liquid, cover tightly and cook until grains are tender.
- If more separate grains are desirable, sauté rice in a small amount of butter before cooking, then add liquid and cook as directed.
How To Reheat Rice
- Keep plenty of cooked rice on hand for quick & easy recipes.
- For each cup of cooked rice, add 2 tablespoons liquid.
- Cover and heat on top of range or in oven until heated through (about 5 minutes)..
- In a microwave oven, cover and cook on HIGH about 1 minute per cup.
- Frozen rice may be cooked 2 minutes on HIGH power for each cup. Fluff with fork.